Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Required to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring teaching assistant to join our dedicated and friendly team. This is a fixed term appointment until the end of the summer term 2020; hours are flexible but will include lunchtimes.
Swaffham Prior C of E Primary School is a small, village primary school with a strong family atmosphere and Christian ethos. We are part of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience, skills and knowledge of working in Early Years or Primary education.
- Can inspire and motivate pupils to achieve their very best
- Has a sense of humour
- Has an interest in speech and language
Experience of working with pupils with special needs will be an advantage as the role may include:
- Demonstrating active listening skills
- Supporting and developing social skills
- Developing self-help and independent skills
- Supporting sensory and physical needs
- A school committed to excellence and enjoyment
- An ethos of team work and collaboration, and opportunities for continuing professional development
- Children who are enthusiastic and love learning
- Appropriate support and training
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a school community where you can continue to develop your understanding of learning and skills in a supportive environment, then we would like to meet you.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the school.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. Appointments are subject to two references.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd January at noon
Interview date: Friday 24th January